Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Have you checked out how wonderful coconut oil really is? Did you know that it is not only really good for you when consumed, but you can also use it to help improve your skin, nails and even your pets skin?
Check out these 5 amazing ways to use coconut oil
1. Use coconut oil to moisturize your skin and remove makeup. I recommend doing this before bed. I have pets and when I put it on first thing in the morning they tend to try to lick it off of me and that kind of defeats the purpose of the moisturizer. Also when you sleep your skin is in a renewal process and using a moisturizer during this time is more beneficial.
2. That brings me to my next use. Feed Coconut oil to your pets to help improve their coat and skin. It also can help add weight to a pet when you drizzle it over food. They love the stuff and tend to eat more, helping immensely in weight gain. We used Coconut oil to help add some pounds to our German Shepard a few years ago and it worked really well. She loves the stuff and ate all of her food consistently.
3. Coconut oil is amazing for your hair, just add some warm oil to your hair and let it sit for a while. For added moisture wrap your head in plastic wrap and use a blow dryer to help warm up the oil a bit more and allow it to penetrate deeper into your hair.
4. Add coconut oil to an avocado mask for a extra moisture boost. Keep on your skin for about 10 minutes then rinse off. You will feel an amazing difference!
5. Use coconut oil with apple cider vinegar to help naturally get rid of lice. This actually works very well and I have used this remedy a few times with my friends kids.
What Amazing ways to use coconut oil do you know of? Share them with us!