I have had many days where I just don’t want to get up and do anything, today was actually one of those days. I really just wanted to lay in bed and be really lazy, but I told myself to get up and get moving, one because I have to be at work in an hour and a half, two because I’m diabetic and I could feel that my blood sugar was off.
I’m up so I will be at work on time, my blood sugar is now good, but I also wanted to write a mind blowing blog post, I found myself on Facebook, reading emails I didn’t need to and really not doing anything great. I thought how can I make myself do something and then this post hit me. I have done some research and found a few ideas I really love and I hope they will help you too.
1. Start moving, sometimes the simple act of just getting up and moving can help you get your mind in the right place. Even if what you have to do involves sitting at a computer, getting up and moving can help stimulate your brain and improves concentration and creativity.
2. Relax and take some deep breaths. Sometimes it’s just the stress of having to do something that keeps you from doing it. get yourself to relax and you may find it’s easier to get things done.
3. Call a friend, don’t call your friend that is going to chat all day and keep you from doing your work. Call someone who will motivate you and tell you that you are going to do whatever you have to do or else!
4. Set goals and make a list. This is a great way to stay organized and something I do everyday at my job. Not only does it keep me on task when I’m really not in the mood to work, but it also makes me feel like I have actually done something when it may not look like I did anything. If your not motivated in the morning, make a list of what you need to do that day and make yourself do one of them right now.
5. Treat yourself, when your at work and do a good job you love it when you get a reward. Do the same for yourself, find something small that you want and once you get everything done on your list you made, you did make one right?, then give yourself your treat.
How do you stay motivated throughout the day? Share your tips in the comment below.