I love to bake and when I entertain I usually try to bake with a little flare. I decided that pumpkin and chocolate fudge sounded amazing together and come up with my Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. This recipe is my go to during the fall months and really shines at other times of the year as well. I used a leaf mold to make my brownies, but you can also make these in any pan. I have also used a pie plate to make a really yummy pumpkin brownie pie!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Number of servings: 2 dozen
- 1 Box of chocolate fudge brownies or you can follow the following recipe
Make Your Own Brownies!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin can or fresh puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan you can also use individual molds as I did.
- In 3-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt butter or margarine and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Remove that from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then slowly stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Add pumpkin in by dropping spoonfuls into the mixture
- Use a skewer or the tip of a knife to create a swirl
- Bake in oven 30 to 35 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted into center come out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.